5.01.2008

Sweet Flash Pictures

Set-up shot (sort-of)


I make fun of Myspace pictures:

And GQ.






I recently had the privilege of meeting Ryan Flood. He is a Portland based wedding photographer, and also the headless guy in the second photo from the top. He let me and the guys mess around with his external flashes. We had two SB-800s, an SB-28, a 60" shoot-through umbrella, two pocket wizards, two light stands, one tripod, and a lot of fun. These aren't meant to be serious pictures at all, just fun ones. Now Ryan is making me very jealous for some external flashes of my own. I'm thinking one sb-24, two sb-26's, at least one PC cord so I can use them off camera, and at least one umbrella (shoot-through). The SB-26's can be set to go off when they spot another flash, just like the -800s we were shooting with. Isn't that cool? Well anyways, thanks Ryan, I had a blast.

7 comments:

Brian said...

Sweet! I think the only changes I'd make is maybe a 580EX and two 430EXs. O, and maybe some better looking models. ;)

Nick Peckover said...

Ouch. You gonna let him talk to you like that guys?!

Unknown said...

Dude, THESE ARE AMAZING!!! That'd be really sweet if you are able to get those flashes. (some day). I think my favorites are the ones of me looking like I'm going to eat JM! You did a really good job. I can totally see you as a portrait photographer, doing studio work and weddings.

Amazing work!

Oh and I am really sorry about not being able to get your battery charger to you in time. But hey, you do get to have photos in your mind of the trip, and have a good time with your family.

Unknown said...

Love your Myspace pic :)

Unknown said...

Dude, I have been looking at allot of your older work just now. And all I have to say is: You've come a long way in photography since you started! You are a VERY talented photographer! That's basically all I really have to say. Oh and good work too.

Emily said...

Lol! These are funny xD I have no idea what all the technical numbers and stuff mean x3 but thats awesome you got to meet that guy, looks like a lot of fun :P

JASHE said...

ya and us models are borderline beautiful everyone be jealous!!
lol
-JOSH-